Friday 23 May 2014

May WIPs

Last week kept me busy with participating in Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, which was a lot of fun. It gave me a fresh perspective some ideas to use in my future posts.

Now the sun has come out, and I just feel like knitting something fun! Endless Rainbow by Martina Behm fits the ticket. It was an interesting start, which took a couple attempts. Now I'm getting into the groove of the pattern, and loving working with this yarn. West Yorkshire Spinners BFL is so soft and creamy. It's fun to penetrate this pureness with triangles and stripes of Aire Valley DK Rainbow Stripe by West Yorkshire Spinners. Delish!



This is also about the time of year that I start working on some Christmas gifts, just so I can do this gradually, and not in an absolute panic. I've started on Hunter by Tin Can Knits out of the New Lanark Aran, which is using up some of my stash. I've got plans to do another in the Brigantia Luxury Aran. The cables are actually quite simple, and look impressive enough. All the men in my life need to have this hat large and small!













This past Tuesday was spent in the dye studio plotting and scheming. I have dyed up something particularly special for the Indie Burgh Yarn Crawl. More info soon on that particular plot soon! I will update the online shop early next week with some new shades and such, so keep your eyes peeled for virtual squishing! In the meantime, I have gotten in 8 new shades of the Cascade 220 Superwash. These are also now available for perusal in the online shop. I'm still brainstorming on a sample to knit up for the shop in one of these new shades. Any thoughts?










No comments:

Post a Comment