Friday 9 May 2014

Wool of the Month: Excelana 4ply

Wool of the Month for May is a yarn that really strikes up the band for me. Excelana 4ply is a collaboration between Susan Crawford (the Queen of vintage) and John Arbon Textiles. The result is a squishy and delightful yarn with a bit of a halo in a very very vintage palette. Oooo that pink! And check out that refreshingly minty green! This is not only going to be a Wool of the Month, as I plan on stocking this yarn on a regular basis.Hurrah!

















I wanted hold off on this post until I got a sample done up, so here it is. This is the Plaid Cap from Susan Crawford's A Stitch in Time Vol. 2 




I used a 50gram ball of Excelana 4ply  in Persian Grey, and had bits of King Cole Anti Tickle Merino Blend 4ply lying' in the shop stash. This worked out fine for the contrast.



With the mass movement towards sourcing locally, Excelana fits bill as it is most thoroughly British in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment